Skipton Town Council

Reporting a Problem or Fault

Skipton Town Council provides a range of local services in conjunction with other local authorities and partner agencies.

If you spot or become aware of a problem, fault or other issue relating to any of our services, we'd like to hear from you so we can put things right.

HOWEVER, before you get in touch, please make sure that Skipton Town Council is responsible for the matter you wish to report.

Below, you'll find a list of the more likely problems. If you can't find what you're looking for on the list, it may be that the service is provided by either Craven District Council or North Yorkshire County Council. Please check the Council Services section.

Matters relating to Education, Council Tax and Business Rates, Refuse Collection, Highways and Road Maintenance, Housing and 'Social Services' are NOT dealt with by Skipton Town Council.

Skipton Town Council does not operate any of the car parks in Skipton. Parking related issues should be referred to Craven District Council on (01756) 700600.

If you wish to report a problem, you can use the form below. Please select a service from the drop down menu to help us identify which Council service is affected. Please also include your name and a contact email address so we can get back to you. Please give as much information as you can about the problem you are reporting.

Faulty or Damaged Play Equipment

If you notice a fault or a problem with the equipment at any of the Council's recreation grounds or play areas, please let us know as soon as possible.

Please make sure you tell us which playground is affected, which item of equipment is damaged or faulty - and as much information about the nature of the fault as you can.

We will then arrange for the item to be examined as soon as we can. It can then either be repaired or taken out of service to avoid potential accidents.

Download a map of all the Council's property:

Property Assets Map

Public Conveniences - Coach Street Car Park

Skipton Town Council is responsible for the public conveniences at Coach Street Car Park in Skipton.

A major refurbishment of these facilities took place in 2014 - and we want to try and keep them in top condition.

Please report any damage, graffiti or faulty equipment.

We would also like to hear of any suspicious or anti-social behaviour in or around the toilets - particularly if this involves damage to the facility. If you spot any damage or vandalism in progress, please contact the Police on 999

PLEASE NOTE: Skipton Town Council is NOT responsible for the public toilets located at Skipton Bus Station or in the Town Hall Car Park. Any problems at these facilities should be reported to Craven District Council on (01756) 700600.

Skipton Market Issues

The Council would like to hear of any problems relating to the operation of Skipton Market - or with the conduct of Market Traders.

Please give as much detail as you can.

Any issues relating to the description or quality of goods sold on the market should also be reported to Trading Standards.

Please note that Skipton Town Council is not able to assist with matters relating to the issuing of Civil Parking Enforcement Notices for breaches of parking restrictions on market days. Any appeals against tickets issued should be referred to the Civil Parking Enforcement Team at Harrogate Borough Council. The contact details are clearly shown on any ticket issued.

Street Lighting Problems

Skipton Town Council maintains a limited number of street lighting columns in the Parish.

Lighting on main highways is NOT the responsibility of the Town Council. These are maintained by North Yorkshire County Council.

Before reporting a fault to Skipton Town Council, please check the map below to ensure that the faulty light is on our list. You should quote the reference number of the faulty light (to ensure it can be identified by our engineers) and please give details of the nature of the fault.

Damage to Public Seating

If you spot any damage to a public seat or bench, please let us know so we can arrange for repairs to take place.

Some seating in areas owned by other local authorities may not be the responsibility of Skipton Town Council.

Problems at the Council's Allotment Sites

The Town Council would like to hear of any problems relating to the Council's three allotment sites.

This could include matters such as loose or badly looked after livestock, leaking pipes and taps, or damaged fencing. We would also be interested to hear of noise disturbance issues associated with any livestock kept on our allotment sites - or if any kind of vermin is spotted.

Please give as much detail as possible - and specify the allotment site.

Email Us